Industrious, Motivated People are the Difference
The success of Fibrebond will always depend on attracting and retaining high-caliber individuals. Fibrebond seeks people who share a commitment to uncompromising service to our customers and co-workers. Fibrebond welcomes people who share this work ethic, have new ideas and want to become part of a unique team of people. If you are one of those people, and your qualifications and skills fit our job opening, please submit your resume to email@example.com or by mail at:
1300 Davenport Drive
Minden, LA 71055
Fax: (318) 371-6395
Fibrebond is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with our values, employment is subject to a full background and reference check, as well as a drug test. A staffing agency will be used to collect and screen all qualified applications for hourly manufacturing jobs.
Project Manager- Power
Responsible for managing multiple projects associated with power, solar, or related industries, from point of sale to delivery. Will be client’s single in-house contact for all related tasks associated with the order and is the primary point of responsibility for all aspect of project execution. Expected to manage projects with a strong independent judgment.
- Communicates directly with the client and their representatives.
- Assures the production of assigned project flow smoothly. Manages the project to ensure that Fibrebond’s product meets customer specifications and appropriately tracks changes in scope and associated change orders.
- Assists engineering in design of project, verifying that it meets the client’s expectations as well as verify that no items were missing during the quoting process.
- Enters project information related to sales orders and engineer jobs in Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system.
- Attends meetings and conference calls with client as required for each project.
- Creates and updates project status reports and distributes as required by client.
- Creates long lead bills of material, which is provided to purchasing department for ordering materials.
- Coordinates and schedules projects with production, equipment installation, transportation, and field services to meet client’s requirements.
- Assists Quality Control department in scheduling various inspections during production.
- Assists Quality Control in minor quality issues, determining if it will meet client expectations.
- Verifies information regarding the completed project is correct in ERP system prior to billing.
- Enters all Job Change Orders, (JCO), related to assigned projects in ERP system and assists Bills of Material Department as required.
- Enters all service calls related to project after shipment in ERP system and distributes as required.
- Assists with assembling submittal books for client as required.
- Travels to meet with clients, providing technical support for business development (less than 20 days per year).
- Work with internal engineering team members to define and manage project drawing needs and timelines.
- Manage the development, update, and issuance of project specific schedules.
- Manages warranty calls to make sure that they are responded to in a timely manner.
- College degree required. Preferred degree – Bachelor of Science in Construction Management or Construction Technology. PMP Certification a plus.
- Three years building construction or building manufacturing experience preferred.
- Prior project management background is an advantage. Experience in power field is a definite plus.
- Must be able to read and understand building drawings, site plans, building and equipment layouts, foundation drawings, etc. Background in electrical a plus.
- Proficient computer skills are required. Knowledge of Primavera scheduling software a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required. Must have strong interpersonal skills. Must be able to clearly and effectively present complex information to employees, management, and clients.
- Must be able to work as a team player and follow direction.
- Must be able to establish and maintain effective relationships with supervisors, department directors, clients and co-workers.
- Must possess a high degree of motivation and self-direction.
- Must have strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Possess ability to make independent judgment calls and decisions daily.
- Due to confidential nature of job, i.e. pricing information, drawings, product listings, vendor listings, client information, the highest level of work ethics, honesty and integrity is required.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record.
- Ability to travel with overnights required.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time while traveling.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time while working trade shows and on job sites.
If interested, complete a Job Posting Application Form and submit to Human Resources, or to your supervisor, no later than March 11, 2015. Job Posting Application Forms may be obtained from the Plant Administration office or from Human Resources.
Electrical Engineer- Power
Are you a self-starter who enjoys a challenge? Do you enjoy putting ideas on paper and bringing them to fruition?
We are interested in creative and motivated Electrical Engineers looking to make a difference by becoming an integral part of our Power team. This position is a rewarding opportunity for a self-starting, hands-on individual to design custom enclosures for switchgear motor controls and power control equipment for use in the energy/utility sectors. Our team needs someone with excellent communication, organizational and customer service skills.
As an Electrical Engineer, a typical day might include the following:
- Configures electrical systems and wiring, alarm systems and wiring and environmental control systems.
- Specifies components and purchased parts.
- Prepares original layout of building interiors and exteriors based on customer requirements and specifications, including switchgear motor controls, power control equipment, routing of conduit and electrical wiring and structural configuration of building.
- Prepares AutoCad/Solidworks drawings.
- Enters and maintains current project information in Engineering Database.
- Responsible for meeting established schedule and deadlines for his/her projects.
- Assists project management personnel and answers questions related to projects.
- Interacts with customers and outside engineering/architectural firms to answer questions and develop appropriate building configurations.
- Communicates with and coordinates work performed by outside sub-contractors.
- Assists Quality Control on minor quality issues.
- Works with state approval requirements.
- Monitors equipment installation requirements.
- Handles revisions for improvements on customer changes.
- Interfaces with other Engineers and Designers for building design decisions.
This job may be for you if:
- Experience in power generation/distribution a plus.
- Good analytical and communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Self-starter who can work independently
- Strong planning, troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering
- 3+ years experience as Electrical Engineer
- Proficient in AutoCAD/Solidworks
- Working knowledge of National Electric Code and other national and Electrical and Building Codes.