Industrious, Motivated People are the Difference
The success of Fibrebond will always depend on attracting and retaining high-caliber individuals. Fibrebond seeks people who share a commitment to uncompromising service to our customers and co-workers. Fibrebond welcomes people who share this work ethic, have new ideas and want to become part of a unique team of people. If you are one of those people, and your qualifications and skills fit our job opening, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at:
1300 Davenport Drive
Minden, LA 71055
Fax: (318) 371-6395
Fibrebond is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with our values, employment is subject to a full background and reference check, as well as a drug test. A staffing agency will be used to collect and screen all qualified applications for hourly manufacturing jobs.
Do you want to be a key player in a manufacturing organization? Are you someone who enjoys working with a wide variety of people?
We are looking for an analytical and detail-oriented person to provide accurate cost estimating data to enable us to be competitive and also be responsible for accurate cost accounting for our Power team. This position is a rewarding opportunity for a motivated individual to analyze blueprints, specifications, proposals, and other documentation to prepare material, labor, and sub-contractor estimates for custom enclosures for switchgear motor controls and power control equipment for use in the energy/utility sectors. Our team needs someone with excellent communication, organizational and customer service skills.
As an Estimator, a typical day might include the following:
- Providing estimates to enable the company to quote in a timely and competitive manner.
- Working efficiently under stringent deadlines.
- Reviewing project specification data to determine material and labor requirements, and to ensure that all required information for calculated cost is included.
- Analyzing specifications, blueprints, bills of material, or sample layouts, and calculate production costs using material pricing schedules and historical data.
- Obtaining cost data and product information from vendors and subcontractors.
- Consulting with customers, vendors, and other individuals to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues.
- Conferring with employees in other departments such as production, engineering, project management and bill of materials for exchange of technical information.
- Accounting for estimates of predicted material, labor and subcontractor costs.
- Maintaining records of estimates in order to ensure traceability and that they may be readily retrievable.
- Analyzing the performance of all Request For Quote pricing to job cost for any trends that have a negative impact on profitability.
- Preparing and maintaining historical cost data.
- Working extended hours and weekends as needed to meet project deadlines.
This job may be for you if you have:
- Two year technical degree. Bachelor’s degree a plus
- Estimating and/or sales experience preferred
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to read blueprints/drawings
- Ability to read and analyze detailed specifications
- General computer skills required. Must be able to use Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, proportions, percentages and volume.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several variables in standardized situations.
- Strong planning, troubleshooting and problem solving skills required.
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to handle multiple projects.
- Ability to work effectively with other employees, managers and customers. Excellent interpersonal skills.
- High degree of motivation and self-direction.
- Ability to operate computers, printers, copiers, fax machines.
- Must be able to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
Electrical Engineer- Power
Are you a self-starter who enjoys a challenge? Do you enjoy putting ideas on paper and bringing them to fruition?
We are interested in creative and motivated Electrical Engineers looking to make a difference by becoming an integral part of our Power team. This position is a rewarding opportunity for a self-starting, hands-on individual to design custom enclosures for switchgear motor controls and power control equipment for use in the energy/utility sectors. Our team needs someone with excellent communication, organizational and customer service skills.
As an Electrical Engineer, a typical day might include the following:
- Configures electrical systems and wiring, alarm systems and wiring and environmental control systems.
- Specifies components and purchased parts.
- Prepares original layout of building interiors and exteriors based on customer requirements and specifications, including switchgear motor controls, power control equipment, routing of conduit and electrical wiring and structural configuration of building.
- Prepares AutoCad/Solidworks drawings.
- Enters and maintains current project information in Engineering Database.
- Responsible for meeting established schedule and deadlines for his/her projects.
- Assists project management personnel and answers questions related to projects.
- Interacts with customers and outside engineering/architectural firms to answer questions and develop appropriate building configurations.
- Communicates with and coordinates work performed by outside sub-contractors.
- Assists Quality Control on minor quality issues.
- Works with state approval requirements.
- Monitors equipment installation requirements.
- Handles revisions for improvements on customer changes.
- Interfaces with other Engineers and Designers for building design decisions.
This job may be for you if:
- Experience in power generation/distribution a plus.
- Good analytical and communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Self-starter who can work independently
- Strong planning, troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering
- 3+ years experience as Electrical Engineer
- Proficient in AutoCAD/Solidworks
- Working knowledge of National Electric Code and other national and Electrical and Building Codes.